Re: New time zones

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: New time zones
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 00:35:13 +0200

At 20:38 01.05.2001 +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
I think we should give up on adding new time zones and update getdate.y
to a newer version instead.  getdate.y seems to be shared by more GNU
programs (similarly as e.g. regexp.c) and I can't see any reason to
divert from it.

I also plan to replace %Z occurrences in strftime calls by %z.  This has
already been applied in the Debian GNATS package long time ago and there
were no problems reported about it.

Any objections?

None whatsoever. Using a "standard" getdate.y is a good idea.

- Yngve