daemon isn't starting

From: Volker Thamm
Subject: daemon isn't starting
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:12:38 +0200

Hi,

i have trouble starting the daemon.
When i do it with the option --not-inetd (for testing) i get:

520 You're not on the host access list: name.domain (a.b.c.d).

though i added the IP number to the gnatsd.conf file with edit rights like

a.b.c.d:edit:

Regarding the gnatd.conf file it's still not clear if i can grant a whole
domain (is software.free.com a pc or a domain?), if the gnatsd.conf file is
read in a special order (are later or first settings ignored?). what
happens when i grant rights on both ways name and ip.

Thanks,

Volker

P.S.: I had some troubles getting the software on the system (I got the
known errno.h error, for which seems to exist no solution, yet, and the rpm
package had problems to fulfill the scripts - are there maybe some special
configurations needed? The section 'Where gnats lives' helps those who
didn't have real problems - i need a list of all files and configurations
needed)