Re: Responsible field does not default correctly

From: Dirk Schenkewitz
Subject: Re: Responsible field does not default correctly
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 21:16:44 +0200

Hello Lorna,

Lorna Watts schrieb:

> I have recently upgraded my gnats database from version 3 to version4.
> I have 9 pre-existing databases. When a new PR is created in one of
> these databases, the responsible does not default correctly to the
> person named as responsible for that category in the categories file.

What exactly happens instead ?

> Since upgrading, I have created a new database, by copying the structure
> of a pre-existing database and amending the config files in gnats-adm as
> appropriate. When a PR is created in this new database it does default
> to the correct user.
>
> Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

>From this much information, no. But I have an idea about what you could
do next:
If you copied the structure of an old database to build a new database,
the databases should be rather similar. You might try a 'diff' between
the old and the new 'dbconf' and 'responsible' files (from 'gnats-adm')
to see if something shows up.

When I converted from Gnats 1.113 to 3.999.1 I had not much trouble...

HTH
        dirk
--
Dirk Schenkewitz

InterFace AG                 fon: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 126
Leipziger Str. 16            fax: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 83
D-82008 Unterhaching
http://www.interface-ag.de   mailto:address@hidden