Re: Relative Date Queries

From: Edward E. Jaffe
Subject: Re: Relative Date Queries
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:18:36 -0800

Chad Walstrom wrote:

"Edward E. Jaffe" <address@hidden>  wrote:
Is there any way to establish a date query relative to the current
date?  I understand I can query with an expression that includes an
explicit date, but such queries make little sense when saved.

The short answer is, "No."  I think the only way to do this is either
through scripting at the commandline or by custom perl routines in
gnatsweb.  That would be a very nice feature, being able to use
relative or descriptive dates in a manner similar to at(1).  Perhaps
you could report it as a feature request to
address@hidden or use
http://gnats.wookimus.net/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl.

OK. I entered a change request via the gnatsweb interface. There was no "GNATS" category, so I was forced to use "pending". The number is pending/6614. I hope it doesn't get "lost" There are literally thousands of pending PRs on that server - 99% spam!

| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |
| Mgr, Research & Development    | address@hidden    |
| Phoenix Software International | Tel: (310) 338-0400 x318       |
| 5200 W Century Blvd, Suite 800 | Fax: (310) 338-0801            |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045          | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |