Users not set up for e-mails on the gnats host

From: Jo A Wahle
Subject: Users not set up for e-mails on the gnats host
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:47:39 -0500

How does gnats determine $EditUserEmailAddr that gets used by the audit-mail mail-format? I think we're having a problem because it assumes that it can append @hostname to the username. Our users aren't set up with e-mail accounts on the host machine. Or, what can I change in the configuration so the users don't get e-mail sent to the host machine? Gnatsweb has a $site_email_domain variable - maybe the database-info section of the dbconfig could define a similar variable? Better yet would be if gnatsd.user_access included a field for e-mail address, in case a person's e-mail name doesn't match their login name. Other thoughts? Is there something I can reconfigure?

--
Jo Wahle, Software Engineer, Engineering Support, SAIC
(Science Applications International Corporation – www.saic.com)