Re: Users not set up for e-mails on the gnats host

From: Jo A Wahle
Subject: Re: Users not set up for e-mails on the gnats host
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:29:44 -0500

Hmm. That means the person who made the edit wouldn't get an e-mail. I suppose the one doing the editing ought to know that something changed, but they like to get the e-mail so they know it went through. It works most of the time; how does it normally get set?

--
Jo Wahle, Software Engineer, Engineering Support, SAIC
(Science Applications International Corporation – www.saic.com)

Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

04/19/2006 01:13 PM

address@hidden
cc
Subject

Jo A Wahle <address@hidden>  wrote:
> How does gnats determine $EditUserEmailAddr that gets used by the
> audit-mail mail-format? I think we're having a problem because it
> assumes that it can append @hostname to the username.

Simply enough, I just comment that line out of the "audit-mail" format
spec in dbconfig for the database.  Email addresses are generally set
in the "responsible" and "submitters" files.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/