configure and CVS

From: ecocode
Subject: configure and CVS
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:13:00 +0100

* Chad Walstrom <address@hidden> wrote:

| Sorry about the late reply.  I believe people have had success with
| GNATS with both the 4.1 as well as the CVS version.  Instructions for
| checking out the CVS source can be found on the Savannah project site:
|
|       https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnats

I tried that.
But checking out gnats with :

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnats co gnats

gives me a source tree without a 'configure' script.
In the README they say I should start configure and then make etc...
But what can I do if there's no configure ?

Thanks for your help
--
Erik Colson
http://www.ecocode.net