Re: configure and CVS

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: configure and CVS
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:33:22 -0600

ecocode <address@hidden>  wrote:
> I tried that.
> But checking out gnats with :
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnats co gnats
>
> gives me a source tree without a 'configure' script.

This is as it should be.  The configure script is generated by
autoconf tools.  As a rule, no generated files are or should be
checked in to CVS.  Make sure you have an up-to-date autoconf and
automake installed, then run:

        $ cd WORKINGDIR
        $ autoreconf -i

> In the README they say I should start configure and then make etc...
> But what can I do if there's no configure ?

Please file a bug noting that we should have better instruction on how
to use CVS.  Perhaps a README.CVS file would be appropriate to
bootstrap people into a working environment.
--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/