Re: How do I make the delete key work?

From: Jonathon Isaac Swiderski
Subject: Re: How do I make the delete key work?
Date: 24 Dec 2002 01:07:27 -0500

Bob Babcock <wssddc@nospam.gis.net> writes:

> lng2@spray.se (Lars Gustafsson) wrote in
>
> > How do I make the delete key work?
>
> I use these with emacs 20.7.1 under Win/2K:
>
> (global-set-key [delete] 'delete-char)
> (global-set-key "\C-h" 'delete-backward-char)
> (global-set-key "\C-?" 'delete-backward-char)
> (define-key emacs-lisp-mode-map "\C-?" 'delete-backward-char)

Aha!  Thank you for that last --- I'd got things working everywhere but the
modeline and a couple other places with the first three; I was wondering why I
still got errors in the modeline. . . .

--
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski \\ dangercat-20@dangercat.net
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders  \\  www.dangercat.net/resume

"University of Wisconsin statistics department...
        where mean is normal, and deviation standard."