Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 19:39:53 GMT

In article <39d9c156.0305071548.581e848@posting.google.com>,
BK <bk_usenet@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>Barry Margolin <barry.margolin@level3.com> wrote ...
>> If it's not working for you, you need to do some investigation into
>> what's going on.  Maybe some environment customization is filtering out the
>> keystrokes before Emacs sees them.
>
>I have ILISP active, but it doesn't change anything if I don't load
>ILISP and the only thing in my .emacs file is the command to load
>ILISP. Is there anything else which I wouldn't be aware of?

I was talking about MacOS customizations (extensions in pre-OSX days --
I've still not made the leap to OSX myself), not Emacs customizations.
My guess is that something is preventing these control keystrokes from
being passed to Emacs.

Does the C-h key work to bring up the help options?  If so, what does "C-h
k C-y" show?

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Genuity Managed Services, a Level(3) Company, Woburn, MA