Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:13:21 GMT

> Andrew Choi committed patches to Savannah for Emacs to be optionally
> built as a Carbon application for Mac OS X quite some time ago, and
> was the maintainer of this until November.  Without these patches,
> AFAIK, Emacs can't be built for Carbon and the Aqua interface.

Oh, I get it.  I thought you meant some additional patches on top of the
code that's already in CVS (your `--without-aqua' threw me off even more
since the CVS code does not use the `aqua' word but `carbon' instead).

> Perhaps a hardware issue?  I'm running this on a Rev B iMac.

Maybe bugs in Apple's X11 which make it work correctly with some
keyboards/mouses and not with others.

        Stefan