Re: winows emacs - portable app

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: winows emacs - portable app
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:31:50 +0300

> From: jasonr (Jason Rumney) @  f2s.com
> Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:17:42 +0100
>
> > if not, is there a command that i can run, after starting emacs, where
> > i can point it manually to my .emacs on wherever my thumbdrive is, and
> > it will run that particular .emacs whenever  i tell it to?
>
> M-x load-file

But note that this will not always have the same effect as loading
.emacs as an init file, because Emacs loads the init file half way
through its startup procedure, precisely in time to customize certain
aspects of the appearance before they are set to default.  For
example, if your .emacs is setting parameters of the initial frame,
those settings will not work if you load .emacs after startup.

So I think Jason's suggestions to find out the drive letter, if you
put the respective code in site-start.el, are the best solution.