Re: Is there any good website for emacs newbie?

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: Is there any good website for emacs newbie?
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 22:51:17 +0300

Quoth William Case <billlinux@rogers.com>:
>  Lisp's mind twist into utter simplicity is only matched by the
> simplicity of double entry bookkeeping.

Funny, earlier in this thread I found myself saying 'it's so simple it
hurts'.

Don't you think we should be careful with the 'it's really simple'
language beacuse it's definitely _not_ simple to a newcomer?

I guess the point I'm really making isn't a point at all.  I just want
Lung to know that an understanding of the underlying simplicity is
really, really, _really_ worth the effort.

Sebastian

P.S. That double-entry bookkeeping thing... How about an 'off-topic'
     thread so that we can all impress our bank managers ;-)  Ah,
     those were the days...