Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus

From: Phil Carmody
Subject: Re: Can anybody tell me how to send HTML-format mail in gnus
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 11:13:31 +0300

qingant <qingant@gmail.com> writes:
> I do think we need the ability to get email formated well.Plain
> text is able to express ourselves,but not good enough.As a
> college student in china,I fill very angry when recieved email
> from the office with a M$ word file attached----I download it
> and opened it on my old computer with OOo,waiting for serviral
> minutes just to see some emphrased headers and indented iterms
> !!!
> so,why not give email itself the power to do little things to
> get the context a little better stuctured? ON the other hand,
> things get changed when html was abused, it's neccessary to
> be aware of what we really want.It is more important in chinese.
> If u just looking at the souce code of a chinese webpage,u will
> get amused.
> I do love emacs very much.Gnus is not perfect,but is better than
> any client i have used.But i fail to make it work with gmail.

If you can't be bothered to insert suitable mark-up,
namely inserting a blank line between paragraphs,
in plain text, what would lead us to believe that
you'd use a more complicated mark-up (HTML) sensibly?

What makes you think that the rest of the world wants
to see people who can't use, or deliberately abuse,
the power that they already have granted even more
power?

*Most* people who clamour for HTML, in /my/ experience
of course, are those who demonstrate an inabilty to
use plain text.

Phil
--
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration