Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 -- colored octagon in lower left corner?
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

I've dug a bit deeper and I've discovered that the octagon is shown by
psvn.el, and is indeed not a part of the vanilla Emacs. I'll send a
patch to Stefan Reichör to provide a tooltip "svn status". The feature
is customizable so the octagon is easy to remove (once you know in
what package to look for).

I think a sort of "modified" indicator might indeed be useful in the
base vc module, as at least psvn and git-emacs have their
implementations of it. For example, we could show

SVN-123M

instead of

SVN-123

for locally modified buffers. I'll look at the code later.

Andrey