Re: Arrow Keys?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Arrow Keys?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:13:25 +0800

On Jun 8, 2009, at 5:24 AM, notbob@bb.nothome.com wrote:

Eric Abrahamsen <girzel@gmail.com> writes:

This is a rant. I have no real point. In the end, it's better to use
f-
b-n-p, but good Lord it takes a long time to get here.

Beats the crap outta changing modes every time one wants to enter or
edit text!

nb   --vi, the heart of evil!

Sure, and the point of emacs' customizability is well taken, as always. I fooled with changing keys, and with ergo-movement, and felt like I didn't know my modes well enough to change something so basic without messing up a whole bunch of other stuff. I'd find something that felt right, then three days later edit a python file and realize, crap, I can't have those keys there. Maybe after another year of use I'll know the program well enough to feel comfortable making such fundamental rearrangements, but not now. So anyway, the main point remains: get to know the defaults, or change them.