Re: gnus: how to improve searching for articles

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: gnus: how to improve searching for articles
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 01:31:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 30, 8:33 pm, Giorgos Keramidas <keram...@ceid.upatras.gr>
wrote:

> Yes, that's an unfortunate thing indeed.  I am not sure if nnmairix can
> be tuned a bit to use the agent.  I download most of the groups I read
> in a local Gnus agent cache, and then read them from the cache.  So I
> will try to see if nnmairix can 'peek into the cache' instead of
> fetching the articles over the wire.

Hmm that sounds a bit strange to me since I use newsgroups because I
don't want to be subscribed to a lot of mailing list and hence avoid
to receive tons of emails...

BTW, I tried to use mairix in gnus and I'm confused when creating a
nnmairix server  (G b c): gnus asks me for "the name of the *back end
server* where mairix should store its searches. So I created before a
nnml group which I named 'mairix'. But now I did some searches (G b s)
or permanent searches (G b g) but the group 'mairix' which I
previously created is never used... All search I did end up creating a
group named "zz_mairix-*-1".

Could you tell me what I'm missing ?

thanks