Re: html browser preview help

From: ken
Subject: Re: html browser preview help
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:14:27 -0400

Hey, it looks like you're almost there.

Go to the command prompt ("Start | Run | cmd"... something like that)
and try to get explorer to open a local html file.  From what you're
telling me something like:

> start iexplore.exe filename.html

should work.  I don't know... don't use explorer much.  There might be
an option to tell it to pop a new window and/or not to.

Seems to me that since your function is getting through to explorer but
it doesn't know it's supposed to open a particular file, you need to
change something in that "(concat ..." line.  For one thing, since
explorer doesn't use tabs (or does it?), take out the "-new-tab" stuff;
that's a firefox option.  You also have that string in the final "(setq
..." line.

Once you figure out how to get explorer to pop a window and load the
file you designate-- *from the command line*-- then you'll be closer to
getting a working emacs function.

hth,
ken