Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:45:20 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-10-19, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What's the best way to extend POD and comment handling?

Highlighters (facification and syntaxification) form a list.  Just
append to this list.

> a) I'd like to render  markup like "B<word>" gets a bold face

Do not forget to check for presence of "in POD" text-property.

> b) links become active refs where I can click?

Here you want to check for "in POD" and/or comment's face.

> see http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=745098

> Do you have hooks to extend your font-locking or is it better to parse
> after cperl has finished for text-property "in-pod"?

IIRC, syntaxification (which sents "in POD") is done before
facification.  So put your stuff in the list of facification recipies,
and you can check for this text-property.  There is no need to have
CPerl hooks, since facification is performed via normal Emacs lists.

> (BTW: is cperl-6.2 buggy for POD detection?
> ...tested in emacs22 and emacs23
> I'm gonna open a new thread with details or do you prefer another
> channel?)

Thread is best.  (Although Google search of groups looks quickly
deteriorating...  Anyone else noticing this?  Are there alternatives?)

Yours,
Ilya