Re: Does gnu emacs have the equivalent of Xemacs mouse-track-insert

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: Does gnu emacs have the equivalent of Xemacs mouse-track-insert
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:12 -0000

On 12 Mar, 13:59, asac <asafi...@gmail.com> wrote:
(...)
> 1. the  (setq mouse-yank-at-point t) effect remains permanent for the
> buffer and then I can no more paste with middle-button at a pointed
> location. This means I need to left click first to have the cursor
> where I want to paste the text, then middle click.

I guess you could set it only for the secondary selection with some
elisp:

(defun asac/yank-secondary-at-point (click)
  (interactive "e")
  (let ((mouse-yank-at-point t))
    (mouse-yank-secondary click)))

(define-key global-map (kbd "<M-mouse-2>") 'asac/yank-secondary-at-
point)

> 2. On my linux host, somehow (keyboard shortcut settings?), so the M-
> leftclick selects the window that I am working on, so when sliding,
> the window is getting moved instead of selcting the text on which I
> slide the mouse.

It's working OK here (i.e.  M-click does not change the window). What
version of emacs are you using?

> 3. So I tested with ESC-leftclick and this partially works when emacs
> is invoked with -nw, but it does not work in the window based.
(...)

Strange. Sorry, no idea what's  wrong with your installment. At least
I can  tell you mine  seems to be  working correctly, so try  to play
around with your settings.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.