Re: set window width

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: set window width
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:46:22 +0200

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis@gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks, I just installed winsize.el together with ourcomments-widgets.el and
> indeed, resize-windows is a very nice function! It would be very useful if
> it showed the size at the bottom, e.g. 50x80, while resizing. You think it's
> easy to add this?

Yes, it is quite easy.

A real quick fix would be to just tweak winsize-short-help-message a
bit, but I do not think it would work very well.

A better solution is to just take the code in sml-modeline.el (also in
nXhtml) and copy that to a new library and display the size in the
mode line. If you do that I will be glad to include it in winsize.el.