Re: diff-mode

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: diff-mode
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:46:40 -0800 (PST)

On 15 Gru, 16:00, Elena <egarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2:12 pm, José A. Romero L. <escherdra...@gmail.com> wrote:
(...)
> > 0) Install Sunrise
> > 1) cd to the directories to compare (in left and right panes)
> > 2) press C-M-=
> > 3) press one of d, s, a, n or c to compare by Date, Size, date And
> > size or file Contents
> > 4) use = to run diff or C-= to run ediff on the files marked.
(...)
> I've tried the procedure you've suggested, but it doesn't run a
> recursive comparison, which is what I'm after.  Thank you anyway.

To perform recursive comparisons with Sunrise you need first to
"flatten the tree":

1.1) press C-c C-n to bring up find by name,
1.2) type in "*" (a single asterisk) and press Return

this will display recursively all the contents of the current
directory, including sub-directories. Alternatively:

1.1) press C-c C-f to bring up find with args,
1.2) type in "-not -type d" and press Return

this will recursively display everything that is *not* a directory
inside the current one. There are many ways to flatten the tree in
order to make the pane contain exactly what you're interested
in. Once that's done you can perform your recursive comparison.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail