Re: c/c++ project management and debugging

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: c/c++ project management and debugging
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:47:57 +0100

Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca@gmail.com> writes:

> it's only madness to you, to me its just another choice, how is having
> emacs generating a make file even a simple one to get you going a IDE?
> now you don't seem to fully understand IDE then =)

1- Makefiles need to be written by hand, because that's where you put
   the construction _rules_ specific to your project.

2- The dependencies between the files are probably what people don't
   like about Makefiles, but nobody told you to make them by hand!
   There are tools to generate them.  Namely, gcc -M.

So when you modify your #include you only have to type make depends to
have the Makefile.depends be updated.