Re: EMMS best practice, tag editing and fetching lyrics

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: EMMS best practice, tag editing and fetching lyrics
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 12:06:01 +0800

On Mon, May 21 2012, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I am (again) attempting to convert to using EMMS as a front end for
>> mpd instead of using ncmpcp, but am struggling to get a good setup and
>> efficient usage, and hence wonder how emacs users play their
>> music files?
>
> BTW, there are 2 more front ends in Emacs: mpc.el (bundled with Emacs
> since Emacs-23 or so) and ampc.el (available in GNU ELPA).
>
> I'm the author of mpc.el and from the points you mention, I'd guess
> mpc.el won't suit you (it doesn't even attempt to give you any kind of
> tag-writing ability, it rather focuses on providing a browser to find
> the music you want to play).

Also Mingus! But, likewise, not particularly good for either of the OP's
needs. No lyrics support, and tag editing that depends on an external
library that I wasn't able to compile on my machine.

But, for completeness' sakeā€¦

--
GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-05-19 on pellet