Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window

From: trygve . flathen
Subject: Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 10:24:12 -0800 (PST)

kl. 23:11:39 UTC+1 torsdag 6. mars 2014 skrev Gregor Zattler følgende:
> If focus-follows-mouse is non-nil
> on your system please have a look at
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7553

focus-follows-mouse is already nil on my system. I do get the behaviour
discussed in the bugreport if I set it to non-nil.

At the moment I am not using a focus-follows-mouse focus model in my WM
(cinnamon is a gnome-based WM btw). On this system I would prefer to continue
using Alt-tab.

Setting my WM to focus-follows-mouse does not alter the unwanted behavior
either. Another emacs window still gets the focus after C-x #, even raising one
of them if none is visible or switching to another virtual desktop.

-Trygve