Re: xcscope setup

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: Re: xcscope setup
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 19:38:15 +0300

On 05/20/2015 06:03 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> So that probably means you didn't install the package correctly. A
> correct installation should take care of 2 things that are necessary
> for you to be able to call any function inside a package: . it should
> add the package directory to load-path . it should load the package,
> either by 'require' or by an explicit 'load' (in the latter case, if
> it uses an absolute file name, it can avoid adding the directoy to
> load-path)

I understand that I need to add the package path into load-path and
"require" it in .emacs.el when I want to use a package that is located
on some directory in the filesystem. But I have used ELPA to install
this package. Are these steps still necessary when using ELPA? Or maybe
for some packages? Because I remember installing magit using ELPA and it
just worked without adding anything to the load-path and without
requiring the package in .emacs.el ...