Re: How to insert a string every 2 characters

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to insert a string every 2 characters
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:39:23 +0200

Nicolas Richard <youngfrog@members.fsf.org> writes:

>> Act like you are stressed and not too smart, and
>> that is exactly what you will become.
>
> It is too late for me, it seems, because I can't
> figure out what you're trying to tell me.

You said something to the extent that keyboard macros
are quick and not too smart. I assumed you mean
advanced or powerful by "smart", and that those
methods (the smart ones) aren't as quick. Of course,
no one is telling nobody not to use keyboard macros -
only, thinking like that isn't good. If you care about
time, doing technology isn't a good thing to begin
with. Actually it sucks. Anyone who has done physical
work (e.g., digging trenches or whatever) knows that
the perception of time is very disadvantageous when
doing computer work. You can fiddle with some detail
and suddenly two, three hours have gone by! That never
happens when digging, for sure. As for doing the not
too smart thing, doing the smart thing might require
more time the first couple of times doing it, but
eventually it is quicker, tho again if you care about
time, just throw the computer into the wall and be
done with it. The last aspect is what you do is what
you become. Don't look for quick and not too smart
ways to do things, if that isn't what you want to be.
Instead, look for the most powerful way and then to
hell with time. This makes for relaxed and skilled
people. I'm not saying this to you in particular.
But regardless of whatever, that is the way it works.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573