Re: Can I share ~/.emacs.d/elpa with two machines?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: Can I share ~/.emacs.d/elpa with two machines?
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 13:34:15 +0200

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 09:54:24AM +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:
>>
>> Thanks - makes perfect sense. My only question is the contrib
>> directory. I assume I simply also have to copy the files in the same
>> version specific lisp dir?
>
> Add something like this to local.mk (if non-existent, create one)
>
>   ORG_ADD_CONTRIB = org-notmuch ox-groff ox-koma-letter

Thanks - haven't looked at that file yet. So than the specified files
would be compiled and put in the contrib directory or copied in the lisp
directory?

> Also, I would recommend running uncompiled rather than deal with
> versions.

Makes sense.

>   $ make autoloads

Ok - so the sequence :

make clean
make autoloads
make doc
make info

would build all needed files incl documentation?

At the moment I was using

make update

Would compiling have any advantages over un-compiled, besides of speed?

But as org-mode does not do any exorbitant calculations, I would assume
that the only workflows where the speed issue comes in is tangling and
publishing and org-lint?

Thanks,

Rainer

--