RE: killing the result of isearch

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: killing the result of isearch
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 07:26:30 -0800 (PST)

> > If you use Isearch+
>
> Is there a way to emulate that in vanilla emacs?
> Well, I guess yes, by creating the adequate function, etc.

Isearch+ is defined using vanilla Emacs. ;-)

And yes, any or all of it could be added to Emacs, if
someone were interested.  Or you can just use it as is.
Why not?  It's not a big deal to load a Lisp file.

> But, isn't it something emacs users do normally? Search for a string and
> just delete it? Doesn't it look like a function that could be useful in
> vanilla emacs?

Some Emacs users long ago suggested that setting the
region around the final search target (the last search
hit you visit) can be useful - including for killing it.
I added that feature to Isearch+ in 2006.

It was later (2013, I think) that I added the ability to
act arbitrarily on any number of search hits, selectively
(on demand) during (not after) Isearch.