Re: what I should do, and the "Emacs News Ezine"

From: Van L
Subject: Re: what I should do, and the "Emacs News Ezine"
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:04:56 +1000

Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> writes:

> If you want to know about something, it is good
> that it's there, but who reads a wiki from
> cover to cover in search of something
> interesting? Not me, anyway.

As told in his interview with Joe Rogan, the way Jorge Masvidal learns
new techniques is to concentrate exclusively, at most, on two in a
training session and drill them until they become reflexive muscle
memory.

You can do a regular `git fetch ; git pull' on the emacs repo to see
something like...

  Updating 1828e9a9b7..8082291773
  Fast-forward
   Makefile.in                       |   2 +-
   build-aux/config.sub              |   5 +-
   configure.ac                      |  52 +++--
   doc/lispref/internals.texi        | 104 +++++++++
   etc/NEWS                          |  24 +-
   lib-src/Makefile.in               |   6 +-
   lib-src/emacsclient.c             |   2 +-

and treat them like useless or discarded objects from modernday China or

  Sewol
  Asiana Airlines Flight 214
  Lion Air Flight 610
  Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302

but treat two like the Antikythera mechanism [1] for learning focus.

And pace out 10-minutes each day to draw a poster of the workings of
Emacs's core and modules using [2..5].

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism
[2] Evolution of Emacs Lisp by Monnier & Sperber
[3] The Development of the C Language by Ritchie
[4] JPL Institutional Coding Standard for the C Programming Language
[5] Land of Lisp [ https://nostarch.com/lisp.htm ]

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835