help-gnu-music

Re: examples for LaTex/Mudela files (fwd)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: examples for LaTex/Mudela files (fwd)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:40:40 +0200

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>
> > address@hidden writes:
> > > By the way, could it be that the --outdir= option of mudela-book does not
> > > work properly. I mean, it writes as it should the *.ly files into the
> > > specified directory but this is not reflected in the generated .latex
> > > file. Thus when run LaTeX after that it will not find the the files to be
> > > included. (This occurs with version 1.3.93).
> >
> > I disagree.  Running LaTeX produces lots of other junk files, so it
> > makes sense to confine them to a subdirectory.
> >

> I was not disagreeing with the idea of putting these files into a separate
> directory. It was just not working for me as I was not doing the cd into
> the "outdir directory"
>

> > You should cd to the --outdir directory before running LaTeX.
> >

> This makes me wonder if it would not be simpler to write the
> "outdir directory" into the \include commands mudela-book writes into the
> latex file.

This would lead to even more confusion than the current situation.
What if the user moves the files around or changes the name of
the directory, now everything works as long as you keep all the
files in the same directory. Also, for your suggestion to be
logical, the LaTeX file should be generated in the current
directory.

    /Mats