help-gnu-music

Re: Request for help unanswered

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Request for help unanswered
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:54:37 +0200

> In the last months I have sent to this list a couple of requests
> for help which have received no answer, the subjects and dates of these
> requests were:
>
> Lilypond: Specifying measure length  Jun 26
> Quarter repetitions                  Oct 20
>
> Since in the past ALL of my request for help received generous
> feedback from the list I wonder if I am doing something wron so that
> no one is reading my messages. Could somebody reply to this message
> so I can check if my messages are received?

Certainly! I even found the October question saved in my way too
large mail inbox:

address@hidden said:
> How do I specify quarter note repetitions?
> Something like
> c8 r \repetitions 4*3 |
> which should produce a 1/8 C a 1/8 rest and 3 fat slashes?

Unfortunately, the \repetitions command has been removed from
Lilypond, waiting for me to get some time to make a better
implementation. Then, I'll also add support not only for
single bar repetitions but also for single beat and
multi-bar repetitions (I even think I implemented the different
symbols in Metafont but never submitted the patch since there
was no logic implemented to support them).

Why not resend your question from June, if it' still relevant.

  /Mats