help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] too many connections? (0.95-pre)

From: Andrew Kohlsmith
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] too many connections? (0.95-pre)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:12:07 -0400

We've just purchased an Ascend MaxTNT RAS to replace the M13 and 14 AS5248s we
use at one of our POPs.

I managed to get it mostly working but I'm receiving these messages in my
radius.log file on occassion.

Crit: can't create new ACCT SQL connection: too many connections open

At first I figured it was just the deluge of calls coming in so I updated my
PostgreSQL configuration to allow 256 buffers and 96 connections.  I then
changed my raddb/sqlserver acct_max_connections to 64 and
auth_max_connections to 32 and restarted postgres and reloaded gnu-radiusd.
The error is still around though.

I tried the acct reconnect trick but that didn't do much (I didn't think it
would).

Any ideas?  I also have all kinds of questions regarding how the MaxTNT uses
RADIUS so if anyone is familliar with the unit I would really like to get in
contact with you.

Regards,
Andrew