help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Log Errors

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Log Errors
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:52:31 +0300

Hello Michael,

> I am running GNU Radius version 0.96.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) on a RedHat =
> Linux 7.2 machine.  I am getting a few errors in my radius logs, and I =
> don't know how to correct them.  They are as follows.
>
> Acct.error: can't allocate port_stat: increase STAT_MAX_PORT
>
> Main.error: too many NASes: increase STAT_MAX_NAS_COUNT_COUNT and =
> recompile

This is a known problem, it has been discussed several times in the
list. To solve, reconfigure the package as follows:

      CFLAGS='-DSTAT_MAX_PORT_COUNT=4096' ./configure [OTHER-OPTIONS]

The value 4096 is arbitrary, replace it with the value that suits your
needs. A good estimate for this value is

       number_of_nases * average_number_of_ports_per_nas

Regards,
Sergey