help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radauth failures

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radauth failures
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:31:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Janzer, John wrote:

> I have links to the files under /opt/gnu_radius/sbin and
> /opt/gnu/radius/bin set up in /usr/sbin and /usr/bin, and I am able to
> start radiusd without errors.

This sounds familiar...  I had gnu-radius in a "non standard" location,
and I seem to remember having similar problems with radauth.  Make sure
that the location of radtest is correct in the radauth script:

address@hidden/var/db/mysql_2]# more /usr/local/gnu-radius/sbin/radauth
#! /usr/local/gnu-radius/bin/radtest -d /usr/local/etc/raddb -f

Also make sure that the config file for radauth/radtest has the right
values.  In your raddb directory you should have a "client.conf" file.

Charles