help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] radauth failures

From: Janzer, John
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] radauth failures
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:11:33 -0500

I am new to GNU Radius.  I downloaded v1.2 and successfully
built/installed it using configure with the following options to place
it in its own location on my solaris system:

configure --prefix=/opt/gnu_radius

I have links to the files under /opt/gnu_radius/sbin and
/opt/gnu/radius/bin set up in /usr/sbin and /usr/bin, and I am able to
start radiusd without errors.

My problem is that I can't seem to authenticate using radauth.  I'm
trying to do a simple authentication only using a local system logon
account (Unix account) or a specified user in the 'raddb/users" file, or
even using an unconditional "accept" auth type , but radauth always
comes back with "FAIL".

When I run "radctl dump", the 3 users I have set up appear fine in
radius.parse, so I think I have my "users" file set up correctly.  Here
is the "users" file:

# For detailed description, run:

#       info Radius users

test_user2        Auth-Type = Local,

                User-Password = test123

        Service-Type = Authenticate-Only

test_user         Auth-Type = System

        Service-Type=Authenticate-Only

test_user1        Auth-Type = Accept

        Service-Type=Authenticate-Only

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Accept,

                Simultaneous-Use = 1

        Service-Type = Framed-User,

                Framed-Protocol = PPP

"test_user" is a valid Unix user with a valid password that I have
passed in to radauth.  All three of the following radauth commands fail.

            radauth test_user <password>

            radauth test_user1 junk

            radauth test_user2 test123

In addition, I can't seem to specify the verbose option or any other
options to radauth, as I've seen in other postings.  I always get back
only the message "FAIL."  I've tried to run radtest directly, but don't
seem to have the correct combination of options to get it to run
successfully.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

JJ