help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] RADIUS-MySQL problem

From: Maurice Makaay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] RADIUS-MySQL problem
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 01:45:39 +0100

Hi,

> Thanks for responding... I am currently upgrading SuSE from 8.2 to
> 9.2. Just wanted to work with the latest versions.
>
> I'll recheck the port. But, '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'  was not
> there. I observed that MySQL used /tmp/mysql.sock, while radius was
> using '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' . I wasn't sure why radius used
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' ... I guess this could be the problem. How
> can I make radius to point to /tmp/mysql.sock??

I'm not sure... Is the radius server linked against libmysqlclient for
the version of mysql which you are running? I would say that normally
the sock-file should be in a default place for both the server and
client applications. Try to see with ldd if your radiusserver uses the
same library as the mysql binary does.

Maybe you can work-around it for now by placing a symlink to the
sockfile in /tmp (but I'm not sure if symlinking to sock-files
is allowed).

Regards,

Maurice Makaay
InterNLnet BV