help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] RADIUS-MySQL problem

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] RADIUS-MySQL problem
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:44:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, scsi valli wrote:

I'll recheck the port. But, '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'  was not
there. I observed that MySQL used /tmp/mysql.sock, while radius was
using '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' . I wasn't sure why radius used
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' ... I guess this could be the problem. How
can I make radius to point to /tmp/mysql.sock??

You've got to make one of them move:

$ grep ^sock my.cnf socket = /tmp/mysql.sock

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql-config-wizard-file-location.html

You can sym-link a mysql.sock, but that's duct-taping it, and it's
better system administration to have programs access it directly and
not create sym-links to patch it unless you have no other choice
(proprietary software for example which gnu-radius is not). Sergey
or someone will have to tell you where gnu-radius picks up the sock
locations for. I don't see an option in sqlserver to specify the sock
location.

Maurice, 3306 is the default/standard port. (Good to see you posting
again.)

Gerald