help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] How do I run jobs on a remote node

From: Trygve Laugstøl
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] How do I run jobs on a remote node
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:56:21 +0200

John M Collins wrote:
Thinking about it you might want to clone from the Git repository rather than using the FTP tarball which is a little out of date - I've been putting in Debian stuff - almost done.

We tend to only publish released stuff, but I don't mind trying out the code afterwards as GNUBatch seems to solve my personal problems quite decently.

I'm hoping to put up a new FTP tarball soon but I just need to get the Debian folk to approve my changes.

I'm also halfway through rewriting the MS Windows clients by popular demand.

That's a good option. I've already put our build in git [1] which contain a a few patches to get it to install properly.

I was kinda surprised that it would compile cleanly but not have the normal support for installing in a specified directory. I would guess that that's already supported now that you have a working Debian build but feel free to steal my patches. Or I can for your stuff and fix it if you'll accept the patch.

[1]: http://github.com/trygvis/opencsw-gnubatch/tree/master/files/ We're working on our own git hosting solution so it's on github for now.

--
Trygve