help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] How do I run jobs on a remote node

From: Trygve Laugstøl
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] How do I run jobs on a remote node
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 14:24:01 +0200

John M Collins wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 23:18 +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to package GNUBatch for OpenCSW [1]. I've created a package and installed GNUBatch quite successfully. I can start it, run jobs with gbch-r and they're executed. I even get an email about it every time.

Now, the question is how do I get it to run the job on other nodes? I've been through the manuals but haven't been able to find much info on the subject. I can't find much info on how to create different queues, only how to write expressions to select them.

[1]: http://opencsw.org

--
Trygve

You firs need to have each other node set up so it sees "exported" jobs and variables from its peers - you should be able to change job parameters remotely etc.

You may have to run gbch-hostedit to set up other nodes' IP addresses and stop/restart the scheduler.

When done, try setting the next stage up from "exporting" a job so it's "remote runnable" (you may want to set the loadlevel to zero on the "owning" machine) and the job should be able to run on the other nodes.

Yay, I got this to work. I think it was something wrong with the binaries that I had installed in the remote box. I think the permissions on the binaries and/or directories was wrong.

Also it assumed that "/opt/csw/bin/sh" was to be used as a shell but there is no shell there, only "/opt/csw/bin/bash".

Anyway, it's working and I can submit jobs and get an email once it's done. Very simple once it's all set up :)

Is it possible to adjust how the email is sent? I'd like to control the recipient at least.

--
Trygve