help-gnubatch

[help-gnubatch] Fwd: Shared Memory Segments

From: Pierre
Subject: [help-gnubatch] Fwd: Shared Memory Segments
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 15:03:44 +0200

Hi,

I have found that the issue comes when I try to add a new variable.

$ gbch-var -C -s 0 dload

The terminal then just hangs. I also cannot access gbch-q, it too just hangs. gnubatch load is zero. I can see 'gbch-var' in the process list doing nothing.

The below error seems to have stopped.

Thanks.

==================================

   Hi all,

   I have just started learning GNUBatch and have encountered an error that
   I just cannot seem to solve. I have tried google for the last 4 hours
   with no luck.

   We have been running this for about 2 months and now this error shows up
   after we rebooted the server. (Ubuntu 2.6.32-47-server).

   When running 'gbch-start' or 'gbch-jlist' i get the following error and
   cannot figure it out or even where to start looking in order to
   troubleshoot.

   $ gbch-jlist
   Panic! Cannot read variable list.
   This may be due to incorrect installation.
   Please check that the owner of the shared memory segments
   are the same as the set-user id of gbch-jlist which is 'gnubatch'.
   $

   I hope someone can help me.

   Thank You,
   Pierre.