help-gnubatch

[help-gnubatch] Remote servers corrupted names

From: Adam Wilhelm
Subject: [help-gnubatch] Remote servers corrupted names
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:17:01 +0000

Hello Help,

We have been using gnubatch for years now and enjoyed its basic tool sets a
lot. We are currently running version 1.9. We have 23 servers in our cluster
and over 1,200 jobs scheduled.

Recently we have had an issue where our remote servers are getting the names of
a job mixed up. See example below:

On remote server:

address@hidden ~ 21:12:20 $ gbch-jlist |grep 27370
util20.bo:27370 mybuys RDER_ATTR_VERSION

29/09/2014 13:00                   Days:7

On local server:

address@hidden ~ 21:13:08 $ gbch-jlist |grep 27370
27370           mybuys clients:mbeans-pre-scheduler
  29/09/2014 13:00                   Days:7

This has effected about 75 jobs. Currently if we change the name and queue on
the remote server it fixes the issue on all servers. But the issue comes back
over time as different jobs are scheduled.

I am curious if you have seen this type of problem before? If so is there any
way you can help us out?

Restarting the gnu batch process is troublesome as we don't really have a time
in the day were something important isn't running on all servers.

Thanks,

Adam Wilhelm | Senior Linux Systems Administrator
MyBuys<http://www.mybuys.com/> - Know Every Consumer
O 734.922.7061| M 269.267.7262 | address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>
@MyBuys |
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/49603?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tarId%3A1395707807021%2Ctas%3Amybuys%2Cidx%3A3-1-5>