help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap-amds: Installation

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] gnucap-amds: Installation
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:57:09 -0500

On Tuesday 27 January 2015, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> 1) use gnucap-uf, until this has settled. might yield some
> more problems. this works for me, at least.
> 2) install gnucap from the "autotools" branch (work in
> progress?), using the autotools build system. this includes
> gnucap-conf. 3) hack manually specified paths into
> configure. i do not like this very much. see e.g. [2, line
> 25ff] for my early, now untested implementation. 4) think of
> something much smarter. please let us know about it :D

The functionality of the gnucap-conf script needs to be included
in the main line, but 50,000 lines of autotools is too high a
price for that 10 line script.

If there are other issues, and I know there are, they need to be
addressed separately.

Autotools is a configuration aid.  Its use for anything else is
inappropriate.

What would it take to make gnucap-adms work with gnucap????