help-gnucomm

RE: RPMs for Mandrake

From: Rich Bodo
Subject: RE: RPMs for Mandrake
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:59:22 -0700 (PDT)

>       Where is the binary RPM for GNUComm able to be downloaded from?

        None exists.  In fact, the only repository is on ftp.gnu.org,
        it holds nothing, and ftp.gnu.org does not distribute binary
        modules.

        I'm not trying to insult you, put words in your mouth, or
        insinuate that you are stupid.  My last message really covers
        everything there is to know.  That's the truth.

        There were dozens of people in the GNUComm booth, with varying
        levels of knowledge.  I don't know what they said.  This is a
        volunteer project and a volunteer list.  I'm sure that in the
        course of trying to help people, mistakes will get made, but
        our intentions are good.  A lot of the people who were hanging
        out there probably don't know what a meta-project is.

        You want Bayonne RPMs.  Did you check out mandrakesoft's site
        for the binary mandrake RPM's you are looking for?  Or google?

-Rich

Rich Bodo | address@hidden | 650-964-4678