Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-stats: Error sending request to gnunetd

From: Christian Muellner
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-stats: Error sending request to gnunetd
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 02:49:28 +0200

Hoi Christian

On Saturday 10 August 2002 02:34, you wrote:
> On Friday 09 August 2002 06:29 pm, Christian Muellner wrote:
> > But why i can t connect to the gnunetd for my stats?
> > The Logfiles now showing me that gnunetd is busy to feed the net :-) but
> > why no statistics?
>
> Oops, didn't read your E-mail very carefully (skipped the subject :-).
Hehe :-)

> Hmm. The logs don't say anything about the gnunet-stats request. Possible
> causes are
> 1) gnunetd not running
Its still running. Its more stable than any of the official "mature"
***censored*** eDonkey Clients, since the last CVS.

> 2) gnunetd port firewalled (for localhost!?)
Yesterday it still worked.

> 3) gnunetd TCP server crashed (one of the functions of gnunetd,
>     try restarting gnunetd); old (0.4.3) version of gnunetd had the
>     problem that after a couple of dozens of tcp connections it would die
I have tried this. Doesn't  help. :-(

> 4) version incompatibilities (gnunet-stats 0.4.x, gnunetd 0.4.y with x!=y)
No it worked with my new CVS compiled.

> 5) a bug that we're not yet aware of
It seems to be.

> Do gnunet-search, gnunet-insert or gnunet-download still work? (this would
> rule out 1, 2 and 3). Which version(s) are your running? OS?
No. A similar error message:
address@hidden:~/.gnunet$ gnunet-search Clannad
Aug 10 04:24:19 Can not connect: -1
Aug 10 04:24:19 Can not connect: -1