Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-stats: Error sending request to gnunetd

From: Christian Muellner
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-stats: Error sending request to gnunetd
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:44:57 +0200

> Well, if you're using gnunetd 0.4.4 with gnunet-stats from the current CVS
> (or vice versa), it will not work.
No. I compiled and installed ALL programs. (./configure, make, make install)

> On a freshly started gnunetd? Very odd. I've made all error messages with
> the TCP code more verbose. Set the loglevel in gnunet.conf to 7 and
> try the latest CVS version. That may give us some idea what's wrong (I
> still can't reproduce this).
Hm. How new is the newest CVS? Wouldn't it be advantegeous if there is a HTTP
link on the Website for a e.g. hourly TARed package of CVS?
I saw this on some sites. Maybe I'am wrong and this is a very bad idea ;-) .

Chris

PS: I just looked into the gnunet.conf and noted that you recommend for DSL
Users a value of 240 for HELOEXPIRE but in germany most DSL users have a flat
and their connection will be killed at least 1 time a day. So it is a little
bit missunderstooding.

BTW I added my Dynodnsname for Value 'IP' is this ok?
# How many hours is the current IP valid?
# (Gnunet will sign HELO messages with this
# expiration timeline. If you are on dialup,
# 1 (for 1 hour) is suggested. If you are
# on DSL or other permanent connections with
# fixed IP, set to values [24-2400]. Default
# is 240 (10 days)
HELOEXPIRES     = 1

GnuPG-User