[Help-gnunet] A few questions...

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: [Help-gnunet] A few questions...
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:57:17 -0700

I discovered GNUnet and read all of the docs a couple of weeks ago but
didn't get around to installing it until today. Overall I am pretty
impressed, nice work! I have been a freenet user for a year or so but I am
glad to see another anonymous network on the scene.

I have a few questions:

Why not choose a random port number? Binding to one specific port number
makes GNUnet trivial to firewall and prevents the running of multiple
gnunetd's on the same box. *NIX is multiuser afterall.

Is it going to negatively affect the network if I index a couple gig of
content? Or should I index all that I can?

Why do I have such trouble staying connected and how often does it try to
connect to other hosts? The first time I fired up gnunet it connected to
three hosts. Then I added the hosts.tar.gz to my .gnunet/data/hosts
directory and restarted. I let it run all night and it never connected to
anything else. I restarted this morning and it connected to 7 other hosts.
Shortly after I started inserting content all of the connections were
dropped.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org