Re: [Help-gnunet] Re: gnunetd suddenly very unstable

From: Christian Drechsler
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Re: gnunetd suddenly very unstable
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:04:47 +0200 (CEST)

hi!

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 September 2002 06:26 pm, Christian Drechsler wrote:
> > hi there!
> >
> > i found the real error now when i started gnunetd -d. now i can see:
> >
> > gdbm fatal: lseek error
> >
> > actually, i don't know what an lseek is; X-) but i'm just running
> > gnunet-check -a, maybe that will help.
>
> Well, gdbm is the database that we are using, and an lseek error can
> only mean that the database was corrupted (beats me how/why, I didn't
> write gdbm, we're just using it). gnunet-check-a may not be able to fix
> that by itself, you may have to delete the gdbm database
> (~/.gnunet/database.gdbm) and then run "gnunet-check -a" to regenerate
> it (there will be some loss of data, though).

that would mean all data that i haven't inserted myself would be lost,
wouldn't it? :-(

but, one thing: i saw the following now:

address@hidden data]$ ll
total 2099084
drwxrwxr-x    2 zottel   zottel       4096 Aug 10 18:42 content
-rw-------    1 zottel   zottel   2147480617 Sep 27 00:52 content.gdb
drwxr-xr-x    2 zottel   zottel       8192 Sep 25 20:36 credit
drwxr-xr-x    2 zottel   zottel       4096 Sep 26 23:28 hosts

content.gdb has exactly the size of 2G. wasn't that the limit for a single
file on an ext2/ext3 fs? to me it seems as if filesize was the problem
rather than anything else. comments?

regards, zottel