Re: [Help-gnunet] Re: gnunetd suddenly very unstable

From: Christian Drechsler
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Re: gnunetd suddenly very unstable
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 00:30:51 +0200 (CEST)

hi!

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> On Friday 27 September 2002 02:04 pm, you wrote:
> >
> > that would mean all data that i haven't inserted myself would be lost,
> > wouldn't it? :-(
>
> Data that was inserted would be lost, but it's likely that you INDEXED
> all of your data, and the indexed files will be re-indexed by
> gnunet-check -a.

well, sure, indexed, of course. but that's what i mean: most of this stuff
is data that has flown by meanwhile. i don't want to lose all these
answers i have for others. ;-) i've downloaded some very big files, so
this is where all this stuff comes from.

> Sounds very likely. Did you really *INSERT* data at the order of 2 GB!?
> (not index!). This could very well be a gdbm limitation (even if the FS
> supports more, gdbm may not). I have definitely never tried to insert
> the amount of data into gdbm that would even get close to 2 GB.

hmpf. doesn't sound good to me. i believe this is an fs limitation as i
had a similar phenomenon recently with a gnunetd-loglevel-9-logfile that
had grown very quickly. it stopped growing exactly at 2 GB. :-(

does anyone know if any of the filesystems linux can use doesn't have this
limitation? i could easily reformat the partition if that was the case.

regards, zottel