Re: [Help-gnunet] Cannot start gnunetd

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Cannot start gnunetd
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:19:58 -0800

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 03:06 am, leandro noferini wrote:
> Ciao a tutti,
>
> debian sarge  on i386, libextractor (version 0.5.7)  and gnunet (version
> 0.7.0a) compiled from source with these options
>
> --sysconfdir=/etc --with-extractor=/usr/local/
>
> If I try to start the daemon it  does not start and in the log or in the
> stderr I read this:
>
> dic 06 11:49:53 Configuration file must specify a directory for GNUnet to
> store per-peer data under GNUNETD\GNUNETD_HOME.
>
> In /etc/gnunet.conf I have this:
>
> GNUNETD_HOME     = /home/gnunet/
>
> This directory exists and it's owned by the user running daemon (gnunet)

Right, except that gnunetd is looking for /etc/gnunetd.conf
or /home/gnunet/.gnunet/gnunetd.conf -- notice the "d".  I would suggest to
rm /etc/gnunet.conf and just run

$ gnunet-setup -d

as the user that will later run gnunetd (say gnunet).  And maybe you might
want to have a second look at the README. ;-)

Christian